Jeannie Lindheim has taught for the past 30 years-acting, movement,
improvisation, creativity, auditioning and characterization techniques
at a variety
of educational institutions including:
- The Boston Conservatory of Music
- University of Massachusetts - Boston
- Harvard University Law School (Theater in the Courtroom)
- Boston University
- Boston College
- Lyric Stage
- Simmons College
- Lesley College Expressive Therapies Graduate Program
- Cambridge College
- Wheelock College
- Antioch College
- American University
- George Washington University
- The JFK Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, DC.
She ran her own theater school for 13 years in Brookline, Massachusetts
which offered professional theater training for adults.
Jeannie Lindheim’s Theater Workshop
Hospital Clown TroupeIn 1996, Jeannie went to Russia with the famous Patch Adams and 35 other hospital clowns and started her Hearts and Noses Hospital Clown Troupe, (www.hospital-clowns.org) in Boston right after she returned. The troupe has entertained over 50,000 children in the last 14 years.
A Training ProgramShe wrote a Hospital Clown Training Program- The Art and Joy of Hospital Clowning: Copies of our Training Program have been sold in 23 countries: France, Japan, Australia, the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Portugal, Malaysia, New Zealand, Greece, Singapore, Israel, South Africa, Spain, Germany, Indian Ocean, Iran, Denmark, the Philippines, Sweden, South America, Ireland, Canada as well as throughout the USA!
For more information on the Hospital Clown Training Program visit: http://www.heartsandnoses.org/HNtraining.php
Hurricane KatrinaFollowing Hurricane Katrina, Jeannie and a colleague went to Houston where they did 1,100 ‘by the cot’ visits at the George R. Brown Convention Center. They clowned and supported those who had been evacuated from New Orleans.
- Master of Fine Arts - Brandeis University
- Master of Arts - University of California
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Ohio University, Boston University
- American Conservatory Theater - San Francisco
- Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts - London, England
- Herbert Berghof Studio (HB Studio) - New York City
She has acted professionally in Boston, Ohio, and California.
Jeannie has conducted over 100 regional and national workshops for primary care and specialty physician groups in Dealing with Challenging Patients and Situations and Communicating to Patients with Life-threatening Illness at some of the following organizations:
- Harvard Risk Management Foundation
- The Society of General Internal Medicine
- The American Academy of Pediatrics
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- Children’s Hospital
- Harvard University School of Public Health
- The Mass Chapter of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Society of Gynecologic Oncologists
- Bayer Institute of Health Care Communication
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Beth Israel-Deaconess Hospital
- The American Cancer Society
Jeannie coaches professional actors and professional speakers. She
has presented workshops on “Dynamic Acting Techniques
to Excite You and Your Audience.”
National Speakers Association, New England Chapter
done voice-over work for radio and television. Garelik
Farms, Coldwell Banker, Loon Mountain and a long list of others. More
information at: (www.jeannielindheim.com)
· The Boston Celtics has a ‘Heroes Among Us’ program
that honors “individuals in our community who have made an overwhelming
impact on the lives of others.” Jeannie was selected “because
of her dedication to brightening the lives of the ill children of Boston’s
Some of Jeannie’s honors include
· Jeannie was honored at the Magic 106.7 Exceptional Women Awards Luncheon in May 2003.
· Jeannie was chosen to be featured in Joanne Gordon’s book “Be Happy At Work, 100 Women Who Love Their Jobs, and Why.” Joanne Gordon interviewed 100 women, including Jeannie, who love their jobs, probing the "why" and "what" decisions they made along the way.
· Jeannie Lindheim's Hospital Clown Troupe was featured on
WCVB-TV (Channel 5) magazine-format program Chronicle in a segment
entitled, "Clowning Around: Just What the Doctor Ordered."
return to top of page
Jeannie is available for Keynotes and Workshops.